I worked on the reporting and analytics team at HubSpot in Cambridge, MA for six months during the summer and fall of my senior year at Tufts. HubSpot is a very exciting tech company making a digital marketing automation platform that leans on great technology. It was incredible to be on such a team and I learned an incredible amount in my time working there.
While at HubSpot, I made some great friends, learned a ton about what it means to work 40hrs/week for six months, and what it means to work alongside a team constantly shipping code. While there, I built 2 major features and fixed many bugs. I also worked on systematic improvements such as an upgrade to React 16.
In my work I:
- built out and iterated on a new page based on user and team feedback
- optimized for performance
- wrote Clean Code ™ and well-documented code
- Worked with backend teams to coordinate necessary APIs
- Built in usage tracking by working with stakeholders
- Lead a push to increase reliability and monitoring (including presenting to our team on best practices)